I know Inception is one of the greatest movies ever. I also know what it means to many of us. But still there are many questions the curious part of my mind tends to ask whenever I think about this movie. I would like to find their answer and I think many of you will help me.
These are the questions:
- How do the extractors enter the dream of another person? Ok if it can be done how his direction of dreams is controlled? And even if it can occur, how they manage to create a dream for him?
- How does Cobb’s subconscious enter a dream which in fact is of Yusuf’s?
- How can it be so that without even her knowledge Cobb was able to enter into a dream designed by her? (The question pertains to the scene when Cobb teaches Ariadne.)
- How Eames is able to impersonate anyone he likes?
- The projection of Browning (Fischer’s godfather) tells him that he was always behind his father’s money. Was that idea already inside Fischer’s mind? If not, why did Fischer believe him?
- How the gravity is able to affect the dream? In other words how acceleration is able to affect the dreams? Even if we consider the general principle of relativity to be true in the dream world, then how will you explain the smooth jerk-free dreams which we have in the trains continuously accelerating and decelerating? I mean to say that Yusuf driving the car and subsequent shifting of weather and gravity (in Arthur’s dream) as well as the total absence of gravity during the car’s free-fall: how are they correlated?
- Why everyone goes into Cobb’s Limbo when he dies in the third level of the dream? I mean see Fischer, it can be argued that since Fischer was killed by Mal, Cobb’s projection in his own dream, he should go into Cobb’s limbo (but this also is plausible) but what about Saito? On what basis should he go into the limbo of Cobb? There is one more weaker question? How come there are people(security guards as well as Cobb’s children) with Saito in the limbo? Are they projections of Saito himself or Cobb?
- Why is Mal’s projection in Cobb’s dreams (mind) always bent upon destroying his plans?
- Fischer’s conscious as well as sub conscious knows that his father is dead. How come he(father) appear in the third stage of the dream? It was a design of Adriande of course, wasn’t it a sufficient deception for Fischer to notice that he was being attacked?
It may seem that many of the questions are too naïve. But I have put them here because their probable explanations are real the points of questions I have in my mind. So anybody please, if has that genius of understanding Nolan, please help me in solving these mysteries.